22 October 2011

Of Birthday Lunches


Today was my birthday. Yey! The perfect way to spend a birthday is always good food and people you love. That's exactly how I spent my day. To celebrate this day with you, I'd like to share this really great restaurant we found at the souq here in Qatar. If you're ever in Qatar, you know maybe in 2022, you should really stop by here, especially if you love seafood like me.

The food here is great. You get a choice of a la carte, buffet or a semi-fish market where you get to chose the seafood of your choice as well as the method of cooking. This is what I did at it was amazing! Oh and nothing beats the ambiance!


The restaurant was at the lower level of the hotel


I love how they added little ocean details everywhere, even the back of this chair.


Talk about an interesting candle holder.






Grouper (or as the Arabs call it, Hammour, or Lapu-lapu in Filipino) in mustard sauce. You also get shrimps and cuttlefish  in there.

The detail, up close



Yeah, that's right, that fish still has it's head and is staring at you.


Chinese fried rice


A traditional Filipino dish call Sinigang na hipon or shrimp in sour soup. For a soup, it's light and refreshing.


My favorite drink: Lemon Mint. Best margarita alternative ever. 

The entrance to the hotel and restaurant. I love Arabic design. They also have Morrocan coffee and Arabic tea under that canopy.





No comments:

Post a Comment